Thread: SCoTT (Small Changes Think Tank)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SCoTT (Small Changes Think Tank)

Hi Everyone!

I am looking forward to the PACCIN Conference! I will have a table and will be chatting with people in the engagement room. If you attend the conference, please drop by and say hello. For those who are not going, please post your ideas in this forum!

My inspiration for SCoTT was... tape.

Before the 1920’s, packages were bound together using adhesive and paper. Today, the use of brown polypropylene plastic packing tape in the art handling industry is ubiquitous. Preparators worldwide have used a mountain of this plastic tape for decades, and none of it can be recycled. The question should be asked, why not use modern paper-packaging tapes for slipcases and boxes? They are readily available, can be recycled with the box, and you do not have to add adhesives like our forefathers.

Do you have a small idea that could improve our industry? It can be something as small as... tape. Incomplete thoughts and ‘idea-sparks’ are welcome and wanted in this forum. Your idea will turn (plastic) mountains into molehills! Come on, what is your idea?

-Matt

Last edited by -SCoTT-; 06-27-2024 at 09:59 AM.